Friday, December 1, 2017

East of Eden

If you consider, as I do, Portage la Prairie to be a combination of Nirvana, Eden and Mecca of Prairie railfanning, then this photo is taken east of Eden.

We're at Oakville, MB in 1984. The agent it out loading the first of a string of cylindrical grain cars in colourful hues.

I'm currently tabulating these visits the eand photos of each elevator.

And in the course of this, I've come to a very significant conclusion. But I want to make sure I'm on the right track, no pun intended. More will be forthcoming on what this conclusion will mean to the ten (apparently, now at least thirteen!!) people who will be interested in this Trains and Grains project.

But for now, it's an overcast day and I am coming to you from - east of Eden!

Look up, look way up,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trains and Grains not only looks up, way up, your comments are looked forward to!