Wednesday, December 6, 2017

It's a Blog, It's a Book

I couldn't decide. Trains and Grains. What form would this mass of information, photos and data on my travels in Western Canada take? In print or online? Cyberspace or shelf space? Enough intransigence and indecision!

It's a book. The above is a mockup only (or to be Monty Pythonesque, "It's only a model"). I'll leave the magic-making to my graphic designer. Meanwhile, I'll continue to amass items of interest.

Having created four books on VIA Rail, and branching out into branchlines, it's no time to go against the grain. It's time to write what I know and share what I photographed. Paper and its permanence are a good medium for me to work in. So I'll work away.

Meanwhile, the ten people who might be interested in this project can look forward to seeing something on paper following this fall and winter. I know I will, too!

Look up, look way up.
Eric

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your enthusiasm, Tyler, and I share it!
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this going to be available in print (on paper)? Can I sign up to be notified about it? Trains and elevators are also part of the art scene - this is a link for "CN Gibbons" (1990) by R.F.M. McInnis - an Alberta artist. http://www.robertsgallery.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/4799L.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just saw that R.F.M. McInnis is now in Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mark. This will be a book! The best way to stay notified is check back on this blog. I expect Spring 2018 for completion.

    Thanks for that link, Mark. I believe R.F.M. McInnis was previously in Calgary. I always like to see some nice elevator art!

    If you'd like, email me at mile179kingstonATyahooDOTca and I will keep your email on file for notification.

    Thanks very much for your comments,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

Trains and Grains not only looks up, way up, your comments are looked forward to!