Thursday, April 5, 2018

Portage la Page 27

When you get an email from your graphic designer with 'Ready for you' in the subject line, you click on it. Bryan is asking what I think of the layout so far? My response, "Yessir!". Other appropriate responses would have been, "Whee doggies!" or "Slap my ears with honey and roll me in a beehive!". Crushing it. Schooling it. Taking it to church.

I've wondered how many photos would fit on a page. I was thinking six. But there are plenty of pages with seven and eight. Fully captioned from original observations. Portage in portrait and landscape formats. And though neither you nor I can afford full colour on every page, ten colour pages and colour covers give us over 70 photos in colour. And they will be the most colourful, if that makes any sense. Seeing this stuff in print after forty years makes me completely nonsensical.

And very proudly happy. Happily proud. There I go again.
Thank you for that email, Bryan!
Look up, look way up,
Eric

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the enthusiasm, Steve. I'm very enthusiastic about seeing all the pages!
      Eric

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic! I recognize some of the pictures (or similar ones) from the blog but also see there will be some fresh content as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some years ago, my intent was to share all the photos I'd taken in Portage on Trackside Treasure, Tyler. But then it became apparent that would be a lot of trips to the scanner. Interest in grain elevators was building, so I decided to combine both into this (now two-volume) set of Trains and Grains. Yes, you will have seen some of these images before, but there will be many new ones, plus what I believe will be some interesting data on what I was seeing to go with my observations and photos.

      Thanks for your interest!
      Eric

      Delete

Trains and Grains not only looks up, way up, your comments are looked forward to!