Thursday, June 28, 2018

Prolific Portage Modeller Posts

I was encouraged to receive the following email from Randy O'Brien, someone who is actually modelling Portage la Prairie! Randy wrote the foreword for Volume 1. But he hadn't seen the book in its final format. Contributor complimentary copy now in hand, here's his post:

" As a Portage modeller I cannot begin to express my thanks for you publishing the 2 volume set of Trains & Grains. In almost every photo of “Portage proper” there is some small gem of information lurking in the background. In veritably a gold mine for a “Portage” modeller such as myself. A real treasure book in every sense of the word ! A true “Trackside Treasure” for sure!  As I am a  family-oriented person, I was touched that your uncle was able to see your “scribbler scratchings” come to life, after all this time! Kudos on a job well done! I loved the layout of the books; your “graphics guy” should be congratulated for doing a bang up job!"

Thanks to Randy for input and feedback received. Randy is also inspired by Dominion Day and sent this greeting of goodwill between our two HO scale transportation systems:


Happy Canada Day to all those who have supported me and continue to do so. It's great to see efforts rewarded and appreciated. Both ways.

Look up, look way up.
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trains and Grains not only looks up, way up, your comments are looked forward to!